Home > Services > Educational Counsellors Sunday, 19 August, 2018

Educational Counsellors

ELC AMEP Counsellors will

  • check your English level
  • put you in the best program to study English at your level
  • give you information about ELC AMEP courses

They can also help you

  • organise Child Care
  • with information about classes and courses in the community or at TAFE
  • in consultation with the Migrant Resource Centre, make appointments with other agencies that can help you, eg Migrant Health Service, Centrelink
  • use telephone interpreters
  • with personal problems
  • plan your future learning and career

Who can use this service?

Any migrant or refugee applying to study in the Adult Migrant English Program can make an appointment to see a counsellor.

This service is generally free. A fee is charged for detailed language assessments eg for a Resolution of Status test (for permanent residence status).

If you are already in a class at ELC AMEP and need to discuss your learning you can ask at Reception to see a counsellor.

Where can you see an Educational Counsellor?

  • Adelaide City Campus
  • Salisbury Campus
  • Noarlunga Campus

You can also telephone and speak to a counsellor on
(08) 8226 6555 .

When can you see an Educational Counsellor?

Educational Counsellors are available Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm generally by appointment. Evening appointments can be arranged. The school is closed between Christmas, New Year and on Public Holidays.

"ELS helps you learn English as well as learn how to settle in Australia." Tsegay Tadesse Gidey